Please note that prices shown on this website are not an official quote and only the prices shown when you actually submit a web order are guaranteed. If you place an order later, prices might differ due to the total value of the order, pricelist changes or expiry of Specials. For cell biology products from Cell Signaling Technology, single orders over $1,000 receive a 5% discount and special discounts can be negotiated for standing orders, prepaid orders or large purchase commitments. Some products may be excluded from this general discount policy or your general institutional discount. No automatic discounts apply to other products.
Contact us if you wish to order bulk quantities or special formulations. Note: prices and offers on external supplier websites generally do not apply here.
Credit Card Payments:
Online credit card payments are processed through the secure eWay payment gateway and will be charged in Australian currency (AUD). The name that will appear on your statement will be Genesearch Pty Ltd or New England Biolabs.
All prices will have 10% GST added if you are an Australian customer. Standard list prices shown do not include GST unless otherwise indicated (as all of our customers have the GST refunded by the government).
No Cumulative Discounts:
Please note that discounts and specials are not cumulative, and might not apply in all cases. For example, items on Special receive no additional discounts; customers who receive customer-specific discounts do not receive additional discounts for orders over $1,000; if you normally receive a discount, any higher discounts (e.g. Specials) are off the list price not your usual price; and discounts might not apply to products from all suppliers or even to all products from a normally discounted supplier. If in doubt please contact Genesearch (note that correct prices for your account are always shown for submitted web orders).
While all reasonable care is taken, we reserve the right to correct pricing errors (e.g. due to wrong information from our suppliers or database corruption) but will advise you if that happens.
For items currently in stock, if your order reaches us by 2.30 pm (AEST) Monday - Thursday, you should usually receive your item the next day. This might not apply to all institutions or locations.
For items not currently in stock:
- CST: if your order reaches us by Thursday 3pm (AEST), you should have your item by Wednesday the following week.
- Cisbio Bioassays: if your order reaches us by Monday 3pm (AEST), you should have your item within 14 days.
- Sequencher: you should have your item within 7-10 days.
- Other suppliers: enquire.
Delays may occur in these shipping times for a variety of reasons including the days we can ship to your location, public holidays etc; please contact us if you have any concerns.
Our online catalogue shows which items we currently have in stock and, if you are logged in as an e•Freezer smartcard holder, which ones are in your e•Freezer. Please note that these stocks are not assigned to you until you place an order so should be considered a guide only until you do.
Unless advised otherwise, we ship in-stock items immediately and backordered items as soon as possible. Freight and packing, where applicable, is charged only once per order.
* All products can be ordered through the Genesearch e•Freezers, regardless of current e•Freezer stockholding - even products that cannot be stored in the e•Freezer. If you don't have an e•Freezer smartcard but have access to an e•Freezer, please let us know ASAP so we can give you immediate access to our products + 10% discount on NEB and CST products, plus FREE shipping!
- If we have the item(s) in stock, it has not yet been shipped to you; or
- If we don't keep the item(s) in stock, we have not yet ordered it from our supplier(s).
We may accept cancellations without penalty in other cases as well, but we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee to recover our costs.
Note: Cancellations of items shipped directly by the supplier are conditional upon the supplier's policy, over which we have no control.
Please note that items which are sold infrequently, are expensive and/or have short lifetimes might not be able to be cancelled once we have ordered them from our supplier; or if they are cancelled there might be a restocking fee of up to 50% of their list price.
- The packet(s) are unopened and otherwise in saleable condition;
- The item(s) have been stored and handled correctly at all times; and
- The item(s) have been shipped appropriately (e.g. in wet or dry ice if required); and
- If items were shipped by a third party, returns must be arranged with them and depend on their policies, which are out of our control.
We reserve the right not to accept returns. In particular, please note that items which are sold infrequently, are expensive and/or have short lifetimes might not be able to be returned or there might be a restocking fee of up to 50% of their list price.
Note that the above does not apply to:
- Defective items under warranty where we require a return; or
- Items sent by our mistake that you did not order and we require be returned.
Freight and Packaging Charges
Shipping and handling charges may vary depending on destination, type of shipment (e.g. ambient, wet ice, dry ice or bulky) and the total value of your order. If your ordering department orders a large amount from us shipping might be free or discounted.
- Free for e.Freezer orders!
- Items shipped at ambient temperature often have no separate shipping charge.
- An order that requires multiple boxes (due to the quantity or bulk of items or incompatible shipping conditions) may attract a separate shipping charge for each.
- Your exact shipping charge is shown with your shopping cart when you are logged in.
- Genesearch reserves the right to vary shipping charges for items requiring unusual shipping; any such changes will be discussed in advance.
- Within Australia, shipping is generally free for orders of $100 or more (pre-GST).
Our shipping conditions have been tested extensively, and are based on years of experience for the Australian climate and the delicate nature of the products we distribute.
Most products are shipped in wet ice, or a combination of wet ice and frozen gel packs, inside a specially designed polystyrene box, and cardboard outer for better insulation.
Products needing colder shipping are packaged in Dry Ice, in accordance with the current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, by appropriately qualified staff.
Most products stored at -20C do not require dry ice and are shipped in wet ice without risk to the products.
- New England Biolabs: 60 days from the date of purchase (see their website for details)
- Cell Signaling Technology: "12 months from the date" of purchase (see their website for details). However owing to the special protocols required for phospho-specific antibodies, apparent problems with their products need to be discussed with the product manager before warranty replacements can be authorised.
- Gene Codes: Sequencher has a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Sorry, Genesearch cannot give credit for returned boxes.
Your privacy is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
General Site Operation
This website collects contact information and financial information e.g. postal address and credit card numbers. The information is used solely for the purpose of delivering the documents or services you requested. Contact information may be used by authorised staff to contact you in situations where details need to be clarified with you. Your information is not divulged to third parties except as required by law.
The financial information you enter is not used for any payments other than those requested by you on this website.
Credit Card Processing
Entry of your credit card details is protected by encryption (SSL) and credit card information is not stored or transmitted over the internet unencrypted.
Information Sharing and Transfer
We will not transfer your name or contact information to unrelated entities. Service providers acting on our behalf will only be given access to your personal information as needed to perform their functions, and will also be obliged to comply with this Policy. In the event of a reorganisation or sale of our business or assets including mergers or acquisitions, we may share or transfer your information, and the recipient will be required to use the information in accordance with this or a comparable Policy.
Data Retention and Access
We retain data as long as required, and may retain it as long as permitted, by applicable law. You can view and correct your data held on this site by accessing your account information. You may request a summary of information we hold about you, or request corrections or deletion, by contacting us via our contact form.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information we store from unauthorised access or misuse. However, as no computer or telecommunications system can be completely secure or error-free, you should not expect that your information is guaranteed to remain private under all circumstances. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords etc that allow access to your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please provide feedback via our contact form or telephone (07) 5594 0299 during business hours.
Prices, offers and stocks described on external sites, e.g. supplier websites, usually do not apply here. For our current prices please visit our online store.